One blogger’s approach to time management.
One of the central tasks that we must perform as scientists – especially as we progress in our careers – is project management. To that end, I’ll admit that I find myself a bit overwhelmed with my projects lately. I have many different things I’m working on with many different people, and every week I seem to lose track of one or another. So I’m looking for a better method! It seems to me that the optimal method to keep track of projects would have the following characteristics:
- Ping me every week about any project that I have not touched
- Re-assess each project every week, both in terms of what I need to do and the priority for the project as a whole
- Split the projects into subtypes: data gathering, analysis, tool building, writing (etc).
- Be clear in my weekly/monthly/longer-term goals. Review these every week
- Some kind of social pressure…
View original post 194 more words